Property records cleveland county oklahoma

The county clerk will record free of charge all certificates designating and describing lands situated in the respective counties owned by the Five Civilized Tribes and their heirs, which lands are shown by said certificates to be exempt from taxation. These will be recorded without charge, provided that when the certificate is presented for recording, it bears the approval of the Secretary of the Interior.

Cleveland County, Oklahoma Records

For questions regarding documentary taxes or recording fees, contact the County Clerk's office directly. A document should be clearly legible and in the English language and should use ink that is dark enough to be reproduced on copy equipment used by the county clerk.

For best results, use black ink on white paper. Paper size should not measure larger than 8. The Civil Division provides legal opinions and advice to all county officers regarding labor and employment issues; civil rights issues; contracts and contract negotiation issues; tort and negligence law issues; and record and opening meeting law issues; unemployment law issues; county government issues; tax collection and tax assessment issues; municipal bond issues; mental health issues; property foreclosure issues; and property forfeiture issues and any other matter to ensure the elected officials or employees do not become liable or subject to liability in a civil proceeding.

Requests for legal opinions may be submitted and responded to in writing or may be oral. Critical issues should be documented in writing for all requests and replies when possible and indexed by department. Assistants in Civil Division are required to have knowledge of all laws and regulations in the State of Oklahoma as well as Federal law, regulations and procedures in the United States Code or Code of Federal Regulations.

Douglas Warr

Oklahoma County Clerk Carolyn Caudill recalled a similar problem that happened in the aftermath of the May 3, , tornado that hit Moore. In nonemergency cases year-round, property owners statewide can obtain copies of deeds for a nominal fee. In emergency situations, where property owners have lost their homes due to tornado or fire, we provide them for free.

Assistant county clerks in Pottawatomie and Lincoln counties, where tornado victims live, say they are getting reports of similar letters circulating. Those counties charge minimum copying fees for records, and tornado victims can ask for free copies, assistants said.

The company or companies apparently monitor public records and send out solicitation letters to people who have recently bought property, created a trust or otherwise made changes to a deed, she said. Residents with questions or concerns about solicitation letters should call their local county clerk's office.